Monday, July 2, 2007

Dentist and Sunglasses

I am all lopsided from going to the dentist. Well, he didn’t make my whole person lopsided, but I checked out my smile in the rearview mirror on my way to the office, and the right side won’t quite keep up with the left side. Of course, I noticed this after smiling at a motorcycle cop. Good thing I wasn’t trying to eat something at the same time, I’m sure that would’ve been a lovely sight!

I have also come to the realization that no matter how hard I look, I cannot find my $260 Maui Jim sunglasses. Last time I remember having them was at church last Wednesday, so I was hoping I would find them yesterday (Sunday), but ... alas. Now the question is, do I spend another wad of money to cover my sensitive eyes in style, or do I get a cheap pair that will give me headaches? The answer would’ve been much easier to come to, had I not just now spent $272 at the dentist’s. Sure, I’ll get the some of the money back through insurance, but what do I do in the meantime? Squint? Take Advil for my headaches? Stay in bed? Or just plain shut my eyes?

Thank God it’s overcast today! Makes me want to go with option three.

No comments: