Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Dress & The Boots



So, the dress (from I.N.C. International Concepts at Macy’s) I purchased about a week or two ago, and now I’d love to have the boots to go with the dress ... yeah, I don’t think it’s going to happen. Not exactly in my budget (check for yourself here). But I can drool, can’t I?! Yeah, I’ll be doing that ... hm ...

What is it with being caught between a very conservative look and a rocker chick? I just can’t seem to stay in the same department, always mixing up the lacy with the leather. And yes, this dress is as much lace as I’m ever going to wear! I guess that’s the fun of it, though, making it my own style. This should in effect keep me from following trends, but alas, I am very much drawn to what’s in the stores at any given time. I do try to avoid buying the obviously trendy accoutrements, if only to save myself from cringing six months later when I see the item hanging in my closet after wearing it maybe twice. I try to fill my closet with classics. Lots of black slacks, black shoes and black boots. I go a little bolder with tops now than I used to. Have a little more fun. Try a few more different colors and cuts. Play a little. Why don’t you try a little more color?

No comments: