Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In case there’s any question

I do actually make stuff with the gems I buy, I promise! Just to prove myself, here are three of the pieces I made last weekend. And in case anyone recognizes the style in the last one, yes, I do have Magdalena’s blessing to show it and to sell it on Etsy. She’s a sweetheart, and such an encouragement and source of inspiration. She has opened my eyes to the possibilities of beaded jewelry design. I doubt I will ever do the kind of work she does, but I definitely liked making this bracelet. Lots of headpins used, that’s for sure! The second bracelet is made pretty much the same way, but it's got more of my own flavor to it, I think.

And in case you haven’t had a chance yet, go check out the updated photos I have started uploading on Etsy (you can actually see some of them right here to the right). I believe they look a lot better now. A little brighter and ... “happier!”

And brighter and happier is what I hope to be after a good night’s sleep, so ... Good night!



2 comments:

Lotta said...

Hi Katja,

I think Magdalena is such an inspiration to everyone :)

Nice looking bracelets, I've been curiuos about what you were making with all the delicious gems you've been buying. Did you see the bracelet I posted in my blog just before Christmas?

Cheers,
Lotta

katja said...

No, I didn't! I gotta go have a look!

And thank you! I bought some more phrenite today ... I just don't seem to have enough time to use all my materials, but at least I got something created. Gotta wait for the next weekend the girls are at their dad's.

Good to hear from you!!!

~katja