Thursday, September 27, 2007

Computer genius

I have discovered something: The end of my frustrations! Now, I love Safari. It’s a good browser and it has served me well. Until today. I’ve spent the last 20 minutes trying to add that neat little row of images on the right from my Etsy site to my blog, and it just kept going and going and nothing appeared. It kept giving me error messages, but wouldn’t tell me what was wrong. OK, I may not always be able to fix everything that goes wrong, but if you don’t even tell me what it is, how could I possibly?! So, finally a little tiny (very small) lightbulb goes off. What if I try Firefox? Voilà! There’s my little cluster of images … repeated three times! Turns out it posted every time I hit post, but never showed in Safari. So, will I do my postings using Firefox from now on? Probably not, because I am, after all, a creature of habit. I will however, use Firefox when I want to add a post with a link. I may even go back to some of my older posts to add the links that Safari wouldn’t let me. Interesting how different two applications can be even when the site is the same. In fact, the entire toolbar looks different in the two browsers. Takes a genius like me to figure it out. In about three months!

No comments: